ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHERS
- Collaborate with the IB PYP Coordinator and translate yearly curriculum concepts and goals to lesson plans and activities.
- Plans and implements learning activities per the school’s philosophy, values, curriculum objectives, and developmentally appropriate for the children in the program.
- Engage young learners through various instructional materials, meet educational goals per trimester, and adhere to the school’s educational standards.
- Takes leadership in assessing children’s needs and safety indoors or outdoors (playground/nature discovery walks).
- Maintains accurate and complete student attendance records, progress reports, and incidents.
- Promote open communication and works cooperatively as a valued team member.
- Bachelor of Education-Elementary graduate
- Must hold at least a current Alberta interim teaching certificate
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- A cleared criminal record check with vulnerable sector check (not dated more than six months before start date)
- Demonstrated interest and passion in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) and 21st-century educational curriculum in an early-years setting.
- Overall positive perspective regarding technology and technology-aided teaching to enhance learning outcomes.
- Proven understanding of children’s social and emotional needs.
- Enthusiasm for serving parents and children.
- Highly collaborative in a team environment and eager to learn new ways/techniques to engage children in learning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and respond appropriately to parents and children.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-starter, and a strong work ethic.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.