Elementary School Teachers
- Translate yearly curriculum concepts and goals to lesson plans and activities.
- Plans and implements learning activities in accordance to the schools’ philosophy, values, curriculum objectives, and developmentally appropriate for the children in the program.
- Engage young learners through a wide variety of instructional materials, meet educational goals per trimester, and adheres to school’s educational standards.
- Takes the leadership role in assessing children’s needs and safety indoors or outdoors (playground/nature discovery walks).
- Maintains accurate and complete records of students’ attendance, progress reports, and any incidents.
- Promote open communication and works cooperatively as a valued team member.
- Bachelor of Education-Elementary graduate
- Must hold at least a current Alberta interim teaching certificate
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- A cleared criminal Record check with vulnerable sector check (not dated more than 6 months prior to start date)
- Demonstrated interest and passion in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) and 21st century educational curriculum in an early-years setting.
- Over-all positive perspective regarding technology and technology-aided teaching to enhance learning outcomes.
- Proven understanding of children’s social and emotional needs.
- Enthusiasm to serving parents and children.
- Highly collaborative in a team environment and eager to learn new ways/techniques to engage children in learning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and respond appropriately to parents and children.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-starter, and with a strong work ethic.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest but only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.