STEAM Summer Camps 2019
Ask like a Scientist….design and build like an Engineer…create like an Artist…and play like a KID!
Individual themes are rotated on a daily basis.
STEAM Explorers (2-3 years old):
- Little Engineers – focuses on fine motor skills, dexterity, and hand-eye coordination with STEM toys, LEGO’s, Meccano, TechnoGears, Clickformers, etc. Activities that stimulate creativity and ingenuity out of your budding engineers!
- Little Space Explorers – space action songs, crafts, pretend-play, and discover how astronauts live in a space station!
- Little Scientists – edible science experiments for the little hands-on scientists.
- Little Artists – creative adventures in painting, visual arts, and mixed media for budding artists ages 2-3 years old.
STEAM Builders (4-7 years old):
- Discovery STEAM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math in one combined stream hands-on projects with nature discoveries.
- Destination Space – enjoy space simulations, build pretend rockets, and fun experiments from the Canadian Space Agency.
- RoboSTEAM – design and build robots out of recycled materials and LEGO robotics.
- KidsArt Lab – creative adventures in painting, visual arts, and mixed media for budding artists ages 4-7 years old.
STEAM Innovators (8-12 years old):
- STEAM It – STEAM in action! Design, develop, and innovate STEAM solutions to every day 8-12 yr. old learning challenges/problems.
- SpaceEX – Think like an engineer in space! Explore the brilliant minds in 21st-century space technologies like Elon Musk and Franklin Chang Diaz. Learn about the earth from space and the interconnectivity of life on earth.
- RoboSTEAM – Have fun tinkering with LEGO robotics and engineering challenges.
- Digital Media and KidsArt Lab – an early introduction to coding and programming including creative adventures in painting, visual arts, and mixed media for budding artists ages 8-12 years old.
Possible outdoors exploration (if weather permits) to identify things within the camp’s theme.